With the school year fast approaching, Write On! has compiled a list of 5 tips to help you start off the school year strong. Whether you’re just starting Kindergarten or entering your last year of high school, these tips will help you make sure your school year starts smoothly.
- Review your school supply list and purchase the required supplies: If you know what school supplies you need for your classes, make sure you start purchasing those items so you’re ready for the first day of school. Refer to the supply list that your school provided so you know what you need to buy or ask your teachers what you’ll need on the first day of school.
- Create a way to track your assignments/homework: Before school starts, create a plan for how you’re going to track what assignments and/or homework you need to complete. There are plenty of ways you can keep track of your work. You can use a paper planner, a paper calendar or apps like Google Calendar and Notion. Find something that works for you, and stick with it!
- Start going to sleep early and rising early: During the summer vacation, it can be easy to fall into an irregular sleep schedule. To get your body ready for early mornings during the school year, start getting to bed at a reasonable hour and following a routine sleep schedule.
- Create a daily school-day routine, and stick with it: When the school year begins, create a routine for yourself and stay committed to it. If you plan to start your homework every day before dinner, follow through with that commitment every day.
- Set goals for the school year, and make a plan to achieve them: Setting goals for every school year is essential. Think about what it is that you want to achieve or get better at this year, and create reachable, realistic goals accordingly. Maybe you want to get all A’s or make your school’s volleyball team–whatever these goals are for you, create a plan to work towards them every day.
We hope these tips help you start off your school year strong!