Happy 2021! A new year and a new beginning to start fresh with a clean slate. Intention journaling is a great way to start the year off strong - journaling in general is a therapeutic way to spend time with yourself and your thoughts - but for the purpose of this post, we’re tackling 21 intention-setting journal prompts for 2021.
Intention journaling dives a little deeper than your typical goal setting process; it can allow for reflection and makes space to work through what you really want from yourself and the new year.
Here are 21 questions to ask yourself as you step into 2021. We challenge you to take a question a day and really lean into this year with confidence and ease. Happy writing!
- If 2020 was a movie or a novel, what would the title of mine be?
- What was my happiest moment of 2020?
- What was my greatest lesson of 2020?
- What’s one big goal I want to accomplish in 2021?
- What inspires me?
- What have I always wanted to do but haven’t gotten around to it yet? What’s stopping me?
- What’s one new skill I’d like to learn this year?
- What brings me joy? How can I cultivate more of that in 2021?
- How can I be more present?
- How can I practice having more gratitude?
- What self-care routines can I bring into the new year?
- What makes me feel hopeful?
- What does my ideal life look and feel like?
- What is a short-term goal I’m confident I can achieve?
- What makes me feel happy, motivated and fulfilled?
- How can I celebrate myself and my wins - big and small - this year?
- How can I make more time to spend with myself and the ones I love?
- What does productively look like to me?
- What aspects of myself/my life would I like to improve on?
- What am I passionate about that I can further explore this year?
- What am I most looking forward to in 2021?
Once you’ve finished answering each question, revisit them throughout the year and check in on your progress. And if you feel inspired to do so, come back to this post and let us know which question you connected with the most!